Do we really need web traffic? Well, why would you want to have a website without any visits? If your website is a desert you need to check out these ten ideas to get traffic towards it.
1. Optimize SEO.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the actions that make your site better for visitors and search engines. A good SEO score will make search engines rank your site higher.
How do you achieve that?
- Research keywords for your content and use them in your title and first paragraph.
- Grab your reader’s attention with interesting titles. It has been proved that titles that include numbers receive more clicks than those that start with “how to”.
- In the meta description include your keywords but also use it to list the benefits of your business, if it is a blog post use it to tell your readers what they will learn from it.
- Use images, readers like them, and don´t forget to include an alternative text for each one. Search engines will understand them better and will rank your page higher.
- Internal links: Many times, people focus on having links with sources or other websites, but for SEO, the links to your site are as important. They’re also the perfect way to make your visitors spend more time on your page.
2. Social Networks
Social media is a fundamental tool to keep in touch with your clients. In a way, they’re your presentation card and it can determine to attract or repel people to your website. Make posts with images and hashtags that are fun to share, and keep a link to your site where people can see it.
3. Email campaigns
This is another way to keep in touch with your clients. You can invite them to come back to your website to keep up with what’s new. Some programs can do this for you like MailChimp or ConstantContact.
4. Make your website mobile-friendly
You must take into account the importance of cell phones, how many things do you check on there every day? Maybe you don’t browse a lot of websites but you might check some emails and for sure your social media. We’ve already said that these two are gateways to your website, so you better be prepared to receive visitors from different devices.
People love gifts, gift them something. Giveaways grab a lot of attention and make the word spread quickly. One way of doing them is through your social media to invite your followers to go to your website to leave their emails to participate. Doing so will allow you to implement strategy number 3.
6. Facebook/Instagram Ads
If you still don’t have many followers on your social media, you can advertise yourself. Facebook and Instagram have different packages to promote your content.
7. Participate in LinkedIn
Share here like on any other social media. Share old and new articles, include images and interesting titles. You can repurpose old articles to make videos, videos do well on this platform. Always include links to your page in any of these posts.
8. Quality content
SEO is crucial, but also the content itself. A site with a lot of spelling and grammar errors, repeated information or even fake doesn’t rank high on searches. Visitors look for quality information that may help them, this will make them share the site. If your posts include short and simple phrases, images, and videos, as well as interesting titles, will warrant traffic to your page.
9. Update your content
Updated content indicates quality. It keeps you relevant to search engines, as well as for your visitors. Every update is relevant to search engines, they rank you better because they register it as new content so it drives more traffic to your website. Updating can help you repair broken links, add new images, check old information or add new that had become relevant.
10. Associate with a Youtuber
Just like big companies pay influencers to promote them you can do the same. Look for YouTubers who talk about related topics to yours or that their audience is potential clients, contact them and make a deal.
These are just ten quick ideas, but there are many more ways to drive visitors to your page.