Sometimes we need to collect some data from our customers. This process can be uncomfortable. When you have a customer in a physical store, it can be too much to ask to take time to register. It’s easier to collect data on a website. Although it can be confusing and time-consuming if the form is not clear and intuitive. JetFormBuilder is a form maker that could be the solution.
JetFormBuilder is a dynamic form maker. It allows you to build and style Gutenberg forms (the WordPress editor). JetFormBuilder allows you to insert forms into your page without having to write a single line of code.
This plugin makes it possible to build back-end structures without programming. At the same time, you can stylize each component of the form. It’s easy: what you design in the editor, is as what will be displayed on the page. Meaning, you take care of the back-end and the front-end all at once and without complications.
This is especially good for those who are making a website without a developer’s help. If you own a small business this is probably your case. It’s not impossible to do it with tutorials and templates. But sometimes you need to add very specific features. If you need a form, JetFormBuilder is a solution.
Maybe you can’t imagine a scenario where you might need a form on your page right now, but it’s always a good idea to collect data from those who visit your site. Why? To track purchases, send newsletters, coupons, invite them back to the site… Especially if you sell a service, you need your customers to contact you. A form in which they can leave their data and questions or comments will benefit your business.
Although the forms have a lot more uses than I listed. One of the examples offered by the JetFormBuilder website is that of a hotel reservation. Perhaps the one on your website will be used to schedule an appointment or to book your restaurant. JetFormBuilder gives you options that make it very versatile so it is convenient to explore them one by one.
JetFormBuilder offers a wide range of features from which you can take full advantage. They cover the basics of what a form needs but go a little further. There are ways to customize the fields and make them dynamic, functional, and intuitive for the user.
As a starting point, JetFormBuilder has nineteen different types of fields:
- text area
- form break
- date time
- group break
To make each field and form functional, JetFormBuilder has smart features. They have taken into account that the forms should be easy to fill so they are not a nuisance or maze for the user. But above all, they know they have to make them quick to fill. Here are the smart features of JetFormBuilder :
- Conditional Logic: This option allows you to create smart forms that react to the options the user selects. You can customize the form experience. You can also enable conditional fields to be displayed, hidden, enabled or disabled, optional or mandatory, depending on the user’s interactions.
- Dynamic Values: This feature allows you to link fields to relevant database data. Thus, some data can be pre-filled in the front-end.
- Calculated Content & Hidden Fields: With this option, you can create forms that do simple or complex operations. It is very useful to create budgets or to charge directly on your page.
- Create Multi-Step Forms: If you’re going to make a long-form, it’s better to break it up for users. It makes the process less tedious. That’s why JetFormBuilder allows you to create forms that are broken up in parts and also mark each step of the form.
- Make Forms User Friendly: Sometimes it is difficult for users to know immediately the format in which the form will accept their data. This is especially true when you are interacting with people around the world. How do I know if I will enter my phone number correctly? JetFormBuilder solves this with the option to add masks that give examples or intuitive samples of the information to be entered.
All these features cover the needs of those who might use JetFormBuilder without knowing how to program. On the other hand, if you’re a developer, you don’t have to stick to the default options. You can customize by adding HTML code. Also, if you want to stylize JetFormBuilder has a plugin to stylize using CSS.
If you want to know more about how to use JetFormBuilder , you can watch this video tutorial.
The best thing about JetFormBuilder is that it is completely free. You can access all these benefits without having to invest anything. Although if you want to have more, you can buy its pro version. This includes chat and Zoom support, regular updates, and addons as well as integrated payment options not included in the free version. You can buy it for a site for $39 per year or unlimited for $79 per year.
Pros and Cons
JetFormBuilder indeed has many benefits. If you are not a developer it is very easy to use and if you are, it will save you a lot of time. Although, like everything in life, it has its details. Nothing can be perfect and it is important to mention it.
JetFormBuilder only works with WordPress. If your site uses another content manager there is no way to install JetFormBuilder . WordPress is a very common content management system, but if you use another one, this plugin is not for you.
Do I recommend it?
Taking the pros and cons into account, I must say that I do recommend JetFormBuilder . There are many features you have and options to customize them. Yes, it may not work for everyone, but those of us who use WordPress have a great ally in JetFormBuilder.
In addition, with its free version, you can try it without committing to payment. It is worth giving it a try. Maybe you’ll fall in love and that’s all you use for forms and questionnaires. You might even need to use the pro version. Everything will be a matter of attending to the needs of your site. Visit their page to know more: JetFormBuilder.
Frankly, I give a 9.5/10 to JetFromBuilder. I hope you try it and tell me in the comments what you think. Is there a feature I haven’t mentioned here? Or maybe some detail you didn’t like? I’d love to hear from you.
If you liked it, read on: